Sunday, June 19, 2011

Shopping Trip 6-19



2 boxes of Wheat Thins Crunch Stix
2 bags of Planters Flavor Grove Almonds
2 bags of Original Chex Mix
4 bottles of Fuze
2 boxes of Cheez-Its
3 cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce
2 bottles of Tom's Mouthwash
2 bottles of Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen
1 bottle of L.A. Looks Hair Gel
1 bottle of Honest Tea
1 bottle of G-Series Fit Workout Drink
4 packs of Cottonelle Fresh Wipes
2 dozen Eggs
2 bottles of Revlon Nail Polish
1 bottle of G-Series Fit Recovery Drink
1 bag of PowerBar Protein Plus Bites
1 bag of Hershey's Bliss Chocolates
2 Hershey's Air Delight Bars
3 PowerBars
1 tube of Colgate Toothpaste
2 rolls of Scotch Tape
1 Colgate 360 Surround Toothbrush
1 package of G-Series Fit Pre-Workout Fuel
2 Greeting Cards
1 box of G-U-M Gum Protection Lozenges

Total Shelf Cost: $176.90
Total OOP: $25.03
ECBs Earned: $0.00
RRs Earned: $0.00
MIR (Gatorade): $5.00
Total Cost: $20.03
Savings: 89%


It was a GREAT week at CVS, so I issued a challenge for myself. I wanted to see if I could go into CVS with just a $20 bill and walk out with lots of great stuff!! I was really, really close to being successful. I ended up spending $20.18 at CVS for the bulk of the items listed above (all that I got at Walgreens were the 3 Gatorade drinks, tomato sauce, and eggs). I split my purchases into 6 transactions and just rolled my ECBs that I earned into each subsequent transaction (which explains why I ended up with $0 in ECBs). By doing it this way, I was able to seriously reduce my OOP expenses. Walgreens had a sad little ad today, so I just used my RRs from last week to pick up a few good deals. Overall, it was another great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment